In this edition of Pensions Round-Up we look at key developments in pensions legislation and regulatory guidance from August 2019 including:
- The Pensions Regulator: a report in relation to the Regulator's annual survey on DC schemes; a quarterly compliance and enforcement bulletin; and the launch of the latest advertising campaign in relation to pension scams.
- Department for Work and Pensions: the response to the 2018 consultation on making provision for dispute resolution by the Pensions Ombudsman; and the publication of a tailored review of the Pensions Ombudsman.
- HMRC: the publication of a pension schemes newsletter; and a countdown bulletin in relation to the end of contracting-out.
- Public Service Pension Schemes: a report in relation to the Regulator's fourth annual governance and administration survey on public service pension schemes.
- Other news: a report by the Work and Pensions Committee on pension costs and transparency.
- On the Horizon: a timeline of some of the key future developments in pensions to help employers and trustees plan ahead.