Click here to view video.
In this video, Leo Fattorini discusses the landscape of mergers and acquisitions in the airline industry in Asia and offers advice to airlines considering a joint venture.
Other topics covered include:
- The attraction of joint ventures for the airline business
- What makes airlines different from other companies when it comes to cross border mergers
- Why domestic restrictions on foreign investors make the growth of airline companies a complex process
- Industry examples of successful cross border alliances like OneWorld, Star Alliance and SkyTeam
- The benefits of joint ventures for both large carriers as well as small scale, low cost carriers
- The importance of considering brand protection and ticket licensing options
- Why seeking competition law advice is crucial for any potential joint venture
- The key challenges that competition law regimes present for airlines
- Why a consumer-focussed approach is an important aspect of any potential merger strategy