The H-1B application is specific to a particular employer; thus if an H-1B employee changes jobs, the new employer must file an application for an H-1B visa. A person in H-1B status may accept new employment upon the filing of a new petition by the prospective employer. If an employee is transferred to a new permanent location that was not listed in the application, or if an employee changes his or her occupational classification, the employer must file a new application.