Recent Congressional hearings on health policy issues include the following:
- A House Energy and Commerce Health Subcommittee “21st Century Cures roundtable” discussed steps Congress can take to bridge the gap between medical advances and the regulatory policies that govern them, and ultimately advance digital and personalized health care. The panel also released a related white paper on digital health care and is seeking feedback on this topic through July 22, 2014.
- The Energy and Commerce Oversight Subcommittee held a hearing on “Medicare Program Integrity: Screening Out Errors, Fraud, and Abuse.” The Committee also held hearings on health care access under the ACA.
- The Senate Special Committee on Aging held a hearing entitled “State of Play: Brain Injuries and Diseases of Aging.”
- The Ways and Means Health Subcommittee held a hearing on MedPAC's June Report to the Congress on Medicare delivery reforms.
- The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee held a hearing on health insurance company profits under the ACA.