The Committee of European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Supervisors (CEIOPS) has published Advice to the European Commission on the revision of the Insurance Mediation Directive (IMD). The advice is a response to a request for advice by the European Commission to CEIOPS on 27 January 2010. CEIOPS provided technical advice on the following seven issues:
- Legal framework;
- International dimension of insurance intermediation;
- Professional requirements;
- Cross-border aspects of insurance intermediation;
- Management of conflicts of interest and transparency; and
- Reduction of administrative data.