A variety of changes to the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 have been made by the Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Act 2013. The final reforms are coming into effect on 6th April 2014.
The changes comprise:
- Altering the effect of list descriptions (from 25th June 2013)
- Allowing certificates of immunity from listing to be granted without a planning application having been made (also from 25th June 2013)
- Abolishing conservation area consent and addressing demolition within conservation areas by planning control (from 1st October 2013) see http://www.39essex.com/docs/newsletters/pep_ newsletter_october_2013.pdf
- Introducing certificates of lawfulness of proposed works to listed buildings (from 6th April 2014)
- Providing for national and local listed building consent orders which grant consent to specified works (from 6th April 2014)
- Introducing heritage partnership agreements which may grant listed building consent (6th April 2014)
The latest changes will be discussed in a future edition of this newsletter.