As of January 19, 2018, the General Inspectorate of Labor will initiate the application of the new procedure to impose sanctions in case of commission of labor faults established in the Labor Code. This procedure has been approved by Ministerial Agreement 285-2017 of the Ministry of Labor and was published in the Official Gazette on January 18, 2018.
Among other aspects, the procedure includes:
- The sanctioning powers of the Departmental Delegations of the General Inspectorate or Labor.
- The powers and attributions Labor Inspectors.
- Procedures to follow for summons preventions, hearings, verifications, initiation and processing of the sanctioning administrative file and preparation of minutes for non-compliance with labor and social security regulations.
- Sanctioning administrative procedure and sanctioning resolutions. Recurrence.
- Remedies for challenging sanctioning resolutions.
- Payment of fines.
- Records of labor faults.