The U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s Institute for 21st Century Energy has released “Facing Our Energy Realities: A Plan to Fuel Our Recovery,” a bipartisan program to help restart the conversation about U.S. energy policy, and to tackle the nation’s top energy challenges.
“The plan we've put forward today highlights ways to address the five most pressing problems that are holding us back,” said Karen Harbert, president and CEO of the Energy Institute, “ from the lack of access to our own energy resources to the bureaucratic and regulatory problems that are preventing us from building almost any energy infrastructure and holding back progress on clean and renewable energy."
The Energy Institute makes the following recommendations in their plan:
- Maximize America's own energy resources
- Make new and clean energy technologies more affordable
- Eliminate regulatory barriers derailing energy projects
- Do not put America's existing energy sources out of business
- Encourage free and fair trade of energy resources and technologies globally.