The FSCP has published a survey of FSA regulated financial promotions that were printed in 15 newspapers published on Saturday 13 March 2010. The FSCP found that:
- there were 224 financial promotions, of which 35.7% did not fully comply with applicable provisions in the FSA Handbook. The majority of these breaches were rated low risk to consumers. However, 4.5% were rated high risk;
- banking promotions had the lowest rate of compliance although the majority were rated as low risk;
- mortgage promotions had the highest rate of compliance;
- insurance promotions had the second highest rate of compliance; and
- investment promotions had the second lowest rate of compliance and the majority were rated as high or medium risk.