Turkey has announced National Profession Standards of Ethics and Compliance Management Level 6 (“Standards“). The Standards address the role and responsibilities for an Ethics and Compliance Manager (“Manager”). They address requirements, the working environment and conditions, tools and equipment to be used, as well as codes of conduct which must be followed. They also cover measurement, evaluation and documentation systems.
Accordingly, a Manager is responsible for:
- Establishing and implementing ethics and compliance programs, as well as related policies and procedures.
- Identifying roles and responsibilities within the organization.
- Establishing communication mechanisms within the framework of legislation, service procedures, quality requirements, risk management priorities and ethical principles which the organization is subject to.
- Conducting briefings, trainings and awareness studies regarding implementation of the ethics and compliance program.
- Monitoring, reporting and updating the program and keeps track of violations and notifications.
The Standards were prepared by the Association of Ethics and Reputation, upon delegation by the Vocational Qualifications Authority and published in Official Gazette number 30446 on 9 June 2018. Please see this link for full text of the Standards (only available in Turkish).
Information first published in the MA | Gazette, a fortnightly legal update newsletter produced by Moroğlu Arseven.