Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS)
- BIS is seeking public comments on the impact that implementation of the Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC), through the Chemical Weapons Convention Implementation Act (CWCIA) and the Chemical Weapons Convention Regulations (CWCR), has had on commercial activities involving “Schedule 1” chemicals during calendar year 2016.
- The purpose of this notice of inquiry is to collect information to assist BIS in its preparation of the annual certification to Congress on whether the legitimate commercial activities and interests of chemical, biotechnology, and pharmaceutical firms are being harmed by such implementation.
- Comments must be received by December 30, 2016.
Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC)
- On Monday, November 28, the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC) published a notice in the Federal Register requesting public comment on a new “Disclosure of Violations of Arms Control Export Act” form.
- Comments are due by December 28, 2016.
- On November 17, DDTC posted a notice to industry that all communication related to its IT Modernization effort can now be found on DDTC’s new IT Modernization Outreach page.
Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC)
- On November 4, OFAC removed from the Code of Federal Regulations the Former Liberian Regime of Charles Taylor Sanctions Regulations as a result of the termination of the national emergency on which the regulations were based. The agency also amended its Reporting, Procedures and Penalties Regulations and Appendix A to chapter V by making technical changes including removing references to OFAC's fax-on-demand service in order to reflect the discontinuation of that service.