Below is the Federal Policy team’s weekly preview, posted when Congress is in session.
• The House will vote on a bipartisan bill to sanction Turkey, and is proceeding with its impeachment inquiry after a week of tense moments and explosive testimony.
• President Donald Trump is making his first trip to Chicago as president.
• The Senate plans to take up a package of four appropriations bills.
- The House is in session tonight through Thursday. The agenda focuses on legislation to sanction Turkey.
- The House Financial Services Committee Tuesday will mark up legislation to reauthorize the Ex-Im Bank, as well as a reauthorization of the Terrorism Risk Insurance Act.
- The Energy and Commerce Committee on Wednesday will hold a hearing on safeguarding the pharmaceutical supply chain, focused on ingredients from China.
- The full list of this week’s House committee activity can be found here.
- The Senate plans to continue votes on appropriations legislation.
- The Senate Homeland Security Committee will hold a hearing Thursday on supply chain security and 5G.
- The Senate Judiciary Committee on Wednesday will hold a hearing on patent quality.
- The current list of Senate committee activity can be found here.
- Trump is in Chicago for his first visit as president, speaking at the International Association of Chiefs of Police. Later today he will host Halloween at the White House.
- Trump on Wednesday will have lunch with Vice President Pence and will award the Medal of Honor to Master Sgt. Matthew Williams for his service during Operation Enduring Freedom.
- Trump on Friday will travel to Mississippi for a rally in Tupelo.