Treasury has added a set of general licences it is prepared to issue under Terrorism and Al-Qaida and Taliban sanctions. The licences cover:
- crediting funds to frozen accounts;
- providing insurance policies to designated persons (but not paying funds under them, which would need an individual licence);
- providing goods or paying for services under insurance policies on a temporary and immediate basis;
- allowing legal aid payments to lawyers acting for designated persons; and
- allowing funds to go to prison accounts of designated persons.
Treasury also updated the sanctions lists in respect of Al-Qaida and the Taliban. (Source: General licences and financial sanctions notification)