On June 20, 2013, the U.S. International Trade Commission issued a press release announcing their vote to institute an investigation of Certain Consumer Electronics With Display And Processing Capabilities (Inv. No. 337-TA-884).
The investigation is based on a May 17, 2013 complaint and June 7, 2013 letter supplementing the complaint filed by Graphics Properties Holdings, Inc. of New Rochelle, New York alleging violation of Section 337 in the importation into the U.S. and sale of certain consumer electronics with display and processing capabilities that infringe one or more claims of U.S. Patent Nos. 6,650,327; 8,144,158; and/or 5,717,881. See our May 21, 2013 post for more details on the complaint.
According to the Notice of Investigation, the Commission has identified the following entities as the respondents in this investigation:
- Panasonic Corp. of Japan
- Panasonic Corp. of North America of Secaucus, New Jersey
- Toshiba Corp. of Japan
- Toshiba America, Inc. of New York, New York
- Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. of Irvine, California
- Vizio, Inc. of Irvine, California
- AmTran Logistics, Inc. of Irvine, California
- AmTram Technology Co., Ltd. of Taiwan
- ZTE Corp. of China
- ZTE (USA) Inc. of Iselin, New Jersey and Richardson, Texas
- ZTE Solutions, Inc. of Richardson, Texas