In our last Health Legal Update, we highlighted the draft Care and Support Bill – a proposed single modern piece of law for adult care and support.
The draft bill has been accompanied by several factsheets on the following topics:
- Assessment and eligibility
- Charging and financial assessment
- Who is entitled to care and support?
- Personalising care and support planning
- The law for carers
- Protecting adults from abuse or neglect
- Health Education England
- Health Research Authority
Given our recent safeguarding seminars we thought readers would be particularly interested in the factsheet on protecting adults from abuse or neglect. It highlights that strengthening safeguarding arrangements is a key priority for the Government. The factsheet looks at the proposed Safeguarding Adults Boards, safeguarding enquiries by local authorities and safeguarding adults’ reviews.