You probably made several New Year’s resolutions in your personal life, but did you make any for your business? Here are ten resolutions to consider for 2018:
- Review your subcontracts and purchase order terms and conditions and revise them to meet your business requirements.
- Meet with your insurance advisor to review your insurance program.
- Verify that your overtime, holiday and vacation pay polices comply with current laws and regulations.
- Update your business plan and consider whether 2018 is the year to expand.
- Prepare or update a transition and succession plan to assure continuity of operations.
- Update your emergency response plan, and if you don’t have one, you should prioritize the adoption of a plan.
- Review your cyber security plan and update it to meet evolving technical issues, and if you work on federal projects the requirements under applicable regulations.
- Verify that your accounting practices conform to the new tax laws.
- Make sure that your safety plan meets new regulatory requirements such as for silica exposure.
- Look for new opportunities to give back to your community.
With proper planning, 2018 will be a great year for your company.