- Employers must review their workplace health and safety policies to ensure that anti-harassment polices are up to date and that training is in place, particularly around sexual harassment.
- Review termination clauses in employment agreements to ensure compliance with ESA and clarity of language and intent.
- Implement the minimum wage and equal pay obligations that are now in force.
- Be proactive in managing the use of cannabis in the workplace, particularly where accommodation requests come into play.
- Prepare for expanding supply chain + ESG transparency and global corporate human rights obligations. If operating globally, ensure you have a policy and due diligence program in place to mitigate adverse human rights impacts and lower risk of exposure to human rights lawsuits and reputational damage.
Listen to the podcast here.