ESMA updates AIFMD FAQs: ESMA has published an update to its FAQs on the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD). The new questions cover:
- reporting templates; and
- passporting notifications (ESMA confirms Member States should accept passporting notifications for the investment services included within the AIFMD before the technical deadlines of 3 July 2015 set by the revised Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID 2)).
(Source: ESMA updates AIFMD FAQs)
ESMA publishes MiFID 2 guide for retail: ESMA has published a guide for retail investors explaining the enhanced protections that MiFID 2 and the Markets in Financial Instruments Regulation (MiFIR) offer. It highlights the changes to the rules on:
- investment advice;
- product governance;
- client assets;
- product intervention;
- pre-contractual information;
- information on costs and charges;
- greater price transparency; and
- extension of scope to structured deposits.
(Source: ESMA Publishes MiFID 2 Guide for Retail)