The Department of State (DOS) released its October 2014 Visa Bulletin which shows the availability of employment-based immigrant visa categories for the month of October. Below is a summary of the bulletin highlights:
- The EB-2 India category has stalled at May 1, 2009 after a significant advancement from January 22, 2009 in the August bulletin. In this month's bulletin, the DOS predicts that this category will have to be retrogressed, as early as November, to accommodate increased subscription.
- The EB-2 China category advances slightly from October 8, 2009 to November 15, 2009.
- The EB-3 India category advances only a few days from November 8, 2003 to November 15, 2003.
- The EB-3 World, Mexico and Philippines categories advanced significantly from April 1, 2011 to October 1, 2011.
- The EB-3 China category shows significant advancement from November 1, 2008 to April 1, 2009.
Please note that month-to-month availability of immigrant visas varies and depends on many factors. These forecasts do not guarantee future availability.
Comparison to Prior Months
The following is a comparison of priority date movement since the inception of the current retrogression in 2007:
Click here to view table.