30 May 2013
EDPS publishes 2012 Annual Report The European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS) completed his strategic review, resulting in a strategy for 2013-14.
- Greater interaction with data protection officers (DPOs)
- The impact of the new enforcement policy with regard to complying with the proposed Data Protection Regulation
- The creation of a new sector to deal with new information technologies
EDPS priorities going forward include:
- Providing ongoing guidance and training for DPOs
- Focussing on technological developments, especially those connected to the internet
- Increasing the scrutiny of data protection issues in any reforms to the financial sector
- The establishment of clear rules for the use of personal data in the area of eHealth
The full Report can be accessed here.