CEA has responded to the Commission’s consultation on its review of the Insurance Mediation Directive (IMD). It response stresses:
- the need to recognise the diversity of insurance distribution markets by applying a minimum harmonisation approach;
- the importance of applying the same high-level principles to all products, but proportionately;
- how conduct of business standards (specifically selling standards) could be enhanced;
- that a minimum harmonisation approach to transparency on intermediary remuneration would be appropriate; and
- that greater transparency of “general good” rules would promote the single market for insurance distribution.
(Source: CEA response to the European Commission's consultation on the review of the Insurance Mediation Directive (IMD))