Regulations have been published on tribunal fees. Fee levels are unchanged following consultation, ie a £250 issue fee, and a £950 hearing fee, for most types of claim (including unfair dismissal, discrimination and whistleblowing). Unlawful deductions and statutory redundancy payments carry a lower fee (£160 issue; £230 hearing).
The BIS has confirmed that the changes to the whistleblowing laws, including the introduction of a public interest element but removing the requirement that the disclosure must be made in good faith, will come into force from 25 June 2013.
At the same time, the 2-year qualifying period for unfair dismissal where the main reason for dismissal is the employee`s political opinions or affiliations will be abolished.
However, commencement dates for the following key changes are yet to be announced:
- Confidential termination negotiations (expected summer 2013)
- New caps on the compensatory award (expected summer 2013)
- Fees for bringing tribunal claims (expected summer 2013)
- Employee shareholder status (expected 1 September 2013)
- Changes to TUPE (expected October 2013)
- Acas early conciliation (expected 2014)
- Financial penalties for employers (expected 2014)
- Changes to Equality Act (no indications known)