Recent Congressional hearings focusing on health policy issues include:
- House Ways and Means Committee hearings on expiring Medicare provider payment provisions and the impact of health sector mergers and acquisitions on private health insurance costs;
- A Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee hearing on "Securing the Pharmaceutical Supply Chain";
- A House Judiciary Committee hearing on “The Proposed Merger betweenExpress Scripts and Medco”;
- A House Oversight and Government Reform Committee hearing entitled "Examining Abuses of Medicaid Eligibility Rules";
- A Senate Finance Committee hearing on "Dually-Eligible Beneficiaries: Improving Care While Lowering Costs"; and
- House Energy and Commerce Health Subcommittee hearings entitled "Cutting the Red Tape: Saving Jobs from PPACA's Harmful Regulations," “The Increase in Drug Shortages,” and a field hearing in La Jolla, CA on the “Impact of Medical Device and Drug Regulation on Innovation, Jobs and Patients: A Local Perspective.”
In addition, on October 4, the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Subcommittee on Federal Financial Management has scheduled a hearing on "Costs of Prescription Drug Abuse in the Medicare Part D Program."