Changes to Tier 2
- Tier 2 (ICT) and Tier 2 (General) applicants may now be granted up to five years’ leave, rather than three.
- Changes to salary requirements. The minimum appropriate rates for skilled workers in each occupation SOC Code and the overall salary thresholds across Tier 2 have increased in line with wage inflation. The following minimum salary thresholds apply to all Certificates of Sponsorship (CoS) issued on or after 6 April 2014:
Click here to view table.
- Transitional arrangements for Restricted CoS: revisions to the minimum salary thresholds mean that applications for Restricted CoS from the April 2014 allocation must be submitted between 6-16 April and will be decided on 17 April 2014.
Changes to Tier 1 General
- The Tier 1 General category will close to extension applications on 6 April 2015 and will close to settlement applications on 6 April 2018.
Changes to the Maintenance Requirement
- From 1 July 2014 the maintenance funds thresholds for points based migrants and their dependants will increase in line with general increases in the cost of living in the UK. A-rated Sponsors may still certify maintenance funds for Tier 2 migrants and their dependants.