A number of Congressional panels have held hearings recently on health policy issues, including the following:
- A House Education and Labor Subcommittee on Health hearing on "Strengthening Employer-Based Health Care";
- House Energy and Commerce Health Subcommittee hearings on “Making Healthcare Work for American Families,” focusing on “Designing a High Performing Healthcare System” and “Ensuring Affordable Coverage”;
- House Ways and Means Committee hearings on “Health Reform in the 21st Century: Expanding Coverage, Improving Quality and Controlling Costs” and the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission's (MedPAC) Report to the Congress on Medicare Payment Policy; and
- Senate Finance Committee hearings on "Workforce Issues in Health Care Reform: Assessing the Present and Preparing for the Future" and “What is Health Care Quality and Who Decides?”; and
- A House Small Business Committee hearing on "The President's FY 2010 Budget and Medicare: How Will Small Providers be Impacted?"