FSA has published issue 6 of its newsletter for smaller wholesale insurance intermediaries. The newsletter contains articles on:
- The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), including who it is responsible for regulating, its objectives and its supervisory approach.
- Client money compliance. As a result of a client money self-assessment sent to 120 smaller wholesale insurance intermediaries that hold client money in December 2010, FSA has identified a number of high-level concerns relating to client money.
- Firm's responsibilities around Appointed Representatives.
- Firm's response to the Anti-Bribery and Corruption in Commercial Insurance Broking report published in 2010.
- The Commission consultation of the Insurance Mediation Directive.
- New rules on consumer complaint handling.
(Source: Newsletter: Smaller Wholesale Insurance Intermediaries Newsletter – Issue 6)