- The FCC has released the Tentative Agenda for its next meeting to the held May 12, 2011. It contains three items: a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking seeking comment on outage reporting requirements for Voice-over-Internet-Protocol (VoIP) service; a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking on whether to eliminate the international settlements regime; and the First Report and Order on streamlining international data reporting requirements, with a Further Notice of Proposed Rulemaking. To view the Public Notice, click here.
- AT&T and T-Mobile filed their application for transfer of control on April 21, 2011. The FCC has not yet set the comment cycle but is accepting ex parte presentations. Requests for meetings must be submitted online using an ex parte request form. To view the Public Notice, click here.
- The next FCC workshop on Universal Service and Intercarrier Compensation reform will be held April 27, 2011, at 9:30 am Eastern. It will take place in the Commission’s Meeting Room located at 445 12th Street, SW, Washington DC 20554. The focus will be the Connect America Fund (CAF). For further information, click here.
- Comments on the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) adopted by the FCC on February 8, 2011, regarding reform of the Universal Service fund (USF) and the intercarrier compensation (ICC) system are as follows:
Reply Comments on all portions of the NPRM except Section XV are due May 23, 2011.
Comments on the FCC’s proposed collection requirements under the Paperwork Reduction Act are due May 2, 2011.
- On April 11, 2011, the FCC released a Public Notice regarding consumers’ “need for speed” information on broadband. Noting that the lack of consumer understanding of broadband speed may affect subscribership, the FCC is seeking comment on what kind of speed data to collect and how to present it to consumers. Comments are due May 26, 2011, and Reply Comments are due June 16, 2011. The Public Notice is available here.
- Reply Comments on the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking to implement the Truth in Caller ID Act, Pub. L. No. 111-331, codified at 47 U.S.C. § 227(e), are due May 3, 2011. WC Docket No. 11-39. To read our Alert on this item, click here. To view the NPRM, click here.