Recently, the Panamanian Government, through the port management entity "Panama Maritime Authority" [AMP], launched a public bid for the selection of the concessionaire in charge of designing, constructing, operating and providing maintenance to a multipurpose terminal in the port of Aguadulce, in the Panama Pacific sector [Tender No. 2015-2-03-0-02-LV-004 472].
The project is aimed at promoting Aguadulce as a sea-port town, modernizing and boosting the logistics sector of the city’s region. The multipurpose terminal incorporates a component of containerized cargo, an area for fuel storage, grain storage sites and other goods.
Bid’s details of interest are:
- Reference Price: US $ 53,500,000.00
- Public Events: Best Value Tender
- Project site visit: July 24, 2015
- Approval meeting: July 31, 2015
- Presentation of Proposals: October 30, 2015
- Project Delivery date: 3 years
- Term of Agreement: 20 years
- Investment performance bond: 5%, 3-year term
- Proposal Security: 10%, effective 120 days
- Performance Bond: 20%, effective for 20 years