In This Issue:
Food Venture Financing Trends
- Atomo Coffee, a reverse-engineer coffee startup, announced that it raised $40 million in its Series A round. The company plans to use the funds to expand its new product development and launch their consumer products, including its ready-to-drink cold brews.
- Current Foods, an alternative protein startup company based in California, announced that it raised $18 million in seed funding.
- Symbrosia, a sustainability startup that develops seaweed feed additives for livestock, announced that it closed its $7 million Series A round. The round was led by Danone's corporate venture arm – Manifesto Ventures.
- Eclipse Foods, a plant-based ice cream company, announced that it raised more than $40 million in its Series B round.
CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Funds
This week's featured CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Fund is 7-Ventures.
- 7-Ventures, LLC, is the 7-Eleven® corporate venturing arm focused on discovering, partnering and investing in startups that complement 7 Eleven's mission of convenience.
- Portfolio companies include:
- KeyMe Locksmiths
- 7-Ventures invests in early-stage food and beverage businesses as well as convenient services to anticipate and respond to the ever-changing consumer. Its portfolio companies gain access to the 7-Eleven business system, offering guidance with commercial distribution, operations support, product development, marketing, insights, and analytics.
- This VC fund has established a successful track record investing in some of the most innovative and fastest-growing early stage food and beverage companies.