A guidebook for employers and their international employees
You are about to receive or hire an employee from outside the Netherlands. Or maybe you are a foreign employer, seconding an employee to work in the Netherlands. Perhaps the employee and even family members will be moving to the Netherlands. In our experience, these situations might lead to questions, such as:
- do we need a work or residence permit for the employee?
- will we be confronted with Dutch mandatory labour law?
- does the employee have to pay tax in the Netherlands and do we have a payroll obligation?
- must we pay Dutch social security contributions?
- how can we arrange for participation in our company pension plan?
Your employee will likely also have questions, such as:
- what will be my tax liability when I become tax resident in the Netherlands?
- what are the Dutch tax rates?
- can I benefit from a favourable tax regime?
- do I need health insurance in the Netherlands?
- can I import my car without paying taxes?
- do I need to change my last will?
In our guidebook – in separate sections for employer and employee – we provide the answers to these and many other questions, grouped per subject, based on our knowledge and years of experience.
Since rules and regulations in the relevant areas are very detailed, it is impossible to give you an exhaustive overview. Moreover, we know that each situation triggers its specific questions. Consequently, we cannot rule out that you will still have questions after having read our guidebook. We will be more than happy to answer your questions and provide you with additional information.