A collection of new banking resources from around the internet:
- Community Banking Connections – The Federal Reserve System introduced this new publication and website focused on community banks, generally defined as those with $10 billion or less in total assets. The inaugural issuefeatures an interview with Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke on the importance of community banking and some of the challenges facing the industry, as well as guidance on interest rate risk management, appraisals, and the Basel III proposals.
- Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta’s 2011 Annual Report, the iPad App – The Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta has released their 2011 Annual Report in iPad format, including embedded videos that focus on the four economic forces that shaped the 2011 economy.
- Treasury’s August Report to Congress on TARP – As of August 31, 2012, 300 institutions remained in the TARP CPP program. Treasury’s monthly report provides a regional breakdown of the remaining investments.
- FDIC’s OIG Report on the FDIC’s Examination Process for Small Community Banks – The FDIC’s Office of Inspector General issued this report looking at examination timelines, consistency, and ability of banks to question examination results. “The audit did not include an assessment of the adequacy or the effectiveness of these processes.”
- FDIC Advisory on Purchasing Loan Participations – This Financial Institution Letter (FIL-38 -2012) reminds state nonmember institutions of the importance of underwriting and administering loan participations in the same diligent manner as if they were being directly originated by the purchasing institution.
- Second Quarter 2012 FDIC State Profiles – The FDIC’s quarterly state profiles provide a summation of economic and banking conditions for all fifty states. The FDIC’s Second Quarter 2012 Quarterly Banking Profile is also available.