While higher education waits for the final version of the gainful employment rule, the U.S. Department of Education recently released an updated template for disclosures required under the existing gainful employment rule. Institutions must, no later than January 31, 2015, update the disclosures for each of their GE programs to reflect the 2013-2014 award year using the updated disclosure template.
The Department’s release explains that the updated GE Disclosure Template:
- Provides the institution name on the output screens;
- Includes an option for “graduate certificate” as a credential level;
- Has improved printing capability;
- Allows institutions with programs of different lengths, but the same CIP code and credential level, to use the bulk upload tool;
- Contains an updated list of standard occupational classification (SOC) codes that institutions may identify as associated with the program;
- Contains improved skip logic for programs with fewer than 10 program completers;
- Ensures that the output document will be accessible to individuals with disabilities (i.e., compliant with section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act); and
- Provides optional context boxes for the institution to provide additional explanations and clarifications.