Conservative rebellion mounts: increased expectations May will resign if her deal is rejected next week – FT
- The DUP continues to be dissatisfied with May’s deal, which it has called “disappointing and inexcusable”.
- 18 MPs are attempting to steer the parliamentary agenda by proposing an amendment to a government motion on Monday setting out a scheme for MPs to vote on different Brexit options on Wednesday.
- The Irish PM suggested the UK government might prefer to leave the EU without a deal than be forced into a delay that requires it to hold European Parliament elections in May.
Norwegian PM objects to UK ‘temporary’ EEA membership after Brexit
- Norway’s PM previously suggested the UK could join the EFTA after Brexit, on the assumption of permanent membership.
- Her objections to temporary EEA membership are based on the view that the EEA is too complex to only join for a temporary period an such joining would pose difficulties to the other EEA countries.