HM Treasury has recently published its Annual Report and Accounts 2015/16, setting out the work of HM Treasury over the 2015/16 financial year, from April 2015 to March 2016.
The report includes information on the following:
- An overview of the work and structure of the HM Treasury, its ministers and associated bodies, and a summary of key milestones.
- The Performance Report, which includes a summary of progress made in 2015/16 (the Performance Overview), followed by an analysis of the department’s achievements over the year against each of the three policy objectives, the corporate objective and the department’s performance on economic, social and environmental sustainability (the Performance Analysis).
- The Accountability Report including a Corporate Governance report where the Treasury’s Directors report on the operating structure of the department and important transparency matters such as conflicts of interest and whistleblowing, followed by a copy of the audit certificate and report made to Parliament by the Head of the National Audit Office (the Report of the Comptroller and Auditor General to the House of Commons) setting out his opinion on the financial statements.
- The Financial Statements showing the Treasury Group’s income and expenditure for the financial year, the financial position, and additional information to enable readers to understand the results.
- The Trust Statement providing a record of fine income collected by Treasury on behalf of government during the financial year. This relates to fines imposed by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority.