Decree-Law no. 73/2018, of October 17, was published in the Official Gazette, extending the scope of the special regime for early access to retirement pension to the beneficiaries of Social Security general system, or civil servants social protection system, with very long careers, initiated at the age of 16 or under, in the following terms:
1. Beneficiaries of Social Security general system
The pension’s cuts set forth by Portuguese social security law (“fator de sustentabilidade” and “fator de redução”) to retirement pensions of Social Security general system will not be applicable to beneficiaries:
- With, at least, 60 years old;
- With, at least, 46 years of contributions ; and
- That have started to contribute to Social Security general system, or to the civil servants’ social protection scheme at 16 years old or younger.
2. Beneficiaries of the civil servants’ social protection scheme
Retirement pension can be requested, free from cuts (“fator de sustentabilidade” and “fator de redução”), by benefiaries that:
- Were inscribed in “Caixa Geral de Aposentações” or in Social Security general system with, at least, 16 years old;
- Have, at least, 46 years of service.