The EBA published two sets of Guidelines on contributions and payment commitments under the new Deposit Guarantee Schemes Directive (Directive 2014/49/EU). The Guidelines, on the basis of risk-based contributions, set out the methods for calculating ex-ante contributions to Deposit Guarantee Schemes that are adjusted to the risk profile of each credit institution, having regard to,inter alia, the credit institution's capital, liquidity, asset quality, business model and asset encumbrance; with these obligatory indicators forming 75% of the risk assessment, with the remaining 25% allowing for flexibility. The Guidelines make further provision for Deposit Guarantee Schemes to authorise credit institutions to contribute up to 30% of the required contributions in the form of secured commitments to pay upon request, and provide criteria on the eligibility and management of collateral.