The consolidated SPP has been published by Scottish Ministers. The SPP is a statement of the Scottish Government policy on land use planning and contains:
- the Scottish Government's view of the purpose of planning;
- the core principles for the operation of the system and the objectives for key parts of the system;
- statutory guidance on sustainable development and planning;
- concise subject planning policies, including the implications for development planning and development management; and,
- the Scottish Government's expectations for the planning system.
The consolidated SPP is available here. This is a much shorter document than the twenty one SPP, NPPG, circular and PAN which it replaces.