In July 2018 the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) published its near-final rules on extending the senior managers and certification regime (SMCR) to all firms regulated by the FCA. All FCA regulated firms will need to comply with these rules from 9 December 2019, and with SMCR now on the horizon, both employers and employees, senior managers and other employees within regulated firms will need to understand how it will affect them.
Hosted by our financial services and employment experts, this podcast will give you access to specialist industry speakers.
Topics that will be discussed include:
- clarifying how the SMCR applies to different tiers of firms;
- the new categories of senior management functions;
- the new requirements relating to statement of responsibilities, the responsibilities map, the certification regime, the conduct rules and the prescribed responsibilities;
- the new training requirements; and
- the transitional provisions.
Click here to listen to the audio.