Those in the oil and gas sector, both within and outside Canada, will want to download Energy: Oil & Gas Canada, a new publication by Stikeman Elliott’s experienced oil and gas team.
Prepared for U.K.-based Chambers & Partners, our in-depth analysis is organized under the following headings:
- General structure of petroleum ownership and regulation
- Private investment in petroleum (upstream)
- Private investment in petroleum (downstream)
- Foreign investment
- Environment, health and safety
- Miscellaneous (including key regulatory developments)
The topics covered include: the legal and regulatory frameworks of Canada’s key oil and gas jurisdictions; typical Canadian license terms; provincial royalty regimes; taxation issues; foreign investment controls; environmental laws; aboriginal issues; and the current state of proposed LNG and pipeline projects.