From April 2017 the rate of statutory maternity pay will increase from a maximum of £139.58 to £140.98 per week. The rates of statutory paternity pay, shared parental pay and adoption pay will increase to the same figure.
The rates of statutory sick pay are increasing from £88.45 to £89.35 per week.
The minimum wage rate will also increase to the following rates from 1 April 2017:
- National living wage - £7.50 per hour - 25 years old and over
- Standard adult rate - £7.05 per hour - 21-24 years old
- Development rate - £5.60 per hour - 18-20 years old
- £4.05 per hour - 16-17 years old
- £3.50 for apprentices under the age of 19; or
- 19 or over who are in the first year of apprenticeship.