As part of our Trump: The First Year series, Jim Flood, chair of Crowell & Moring’s Government Affairs Group, and Scott Douglas, senior director of policy with the firm, sit down to discuss what we can expect Congress and the White House to focus on for the remainder of the year. Jim has previously served as counsel to Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer and Scott as a finance director for Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.
Discussed in this 26 minute podcast:
- Tax reform: where it is now and what we expect to happen, as well as the politics and economics that are driving the discussion..
- Health care: what bills are on the table beyond Affordable Care Act reform
- NDAA: what is likely to happen.
- Funding, nominations, and foreign policy.
- Predictions on what Congress is likely to achieve by the end of 2017.