In this issue, we look at some of the highlights for the Hong Kong capital markets in the third quarter, including:
- the new Companies Ordinance was passed by the Legislative Council;
- South Korea is now an acceptable overseas jurisdiction for listing;
- guidance for listing applicants was issued in relation to (i) pawn loan businesses; (ii) the listing of business trusts; and (iii) disclosure requirements for post-track record period material changes;
- environmental, social and governance reporting will be a recommended practice for issuers with a financial year ending after December 31, 2012; and
- Hontex issued its repurchase offer.