FSA has published a policy statement on its listing review with some minor further consultation. Following the review, FSA decided to:
- restructure the regime into Premium and Standard segments;
- strengthen corporate governance requirements for overseas companies;
- introduce EU Company Law compliance to overseas companies;
- make the Standard listing segment available to UK companies as well as overseas ones; and
- simplify switches between segments.
It is consulting on Premium segment companies offering pre-emption rights and clarifying that equity securities with a Standard listing must be admitted to trading on a Regulated Market. It wants comments by 2 December.