Law 34/2016 was published on August 24 2016. It amends Decree-Law 220/2006 by removing the obligation on unemployed people to present themselves at an employment exchange every two weeks in order to maintain their unemployment benefits.
Further, Law 34/2016 introduces a system of personalised employment support, which involves integrated support for the recipients of unemployment benefits. The law's objective is to guarantee:
- support, monitoring and guidance for beneficiaries;
- assistance in the search for employment through training and the acquisition of skills; and
- monitoring and supervision of compliance with the legally established obligations, in order to guarantee the proper use of benefits.
Support offered to beneficiaries includes:
- the joint preparation of a personal employment plan;
- regular updating and revaluation of the personal employment plan;
- accompanied job-seeking sessions;
- collective information sessions;
- information sessions on job offers and training plans appropriate to each beneficiary; and
- training sessions to develop employability skills.
Law 34/2016 came into force on October 1 2016.
For further information on this topic please contact Filipe Azoia at AAMM Sociedade de Advogados RL by telephone (+351 211 940 538) or email (email@example.com). The AAMM website can be accessed at www.aamm.pt.
This article was first published by the International Law Office, a premium online legal update service for major companies and law firms worldwide. Register for a free subscription.