Our Spring edition of Hot Topics in Intellectual Property and Technology is now available.
This is the second of our quarterly bulletins highlighting some topical developments in the UK in the areas of intellectual property and technology, contract, data privacy, trade secrets and advertising and media.
Topics covered in this edition include:
- Reforms to UK consumer law coming into force on 13 June imposing new requirements on retailers to give consumers information before and after the contract and giving consumers enhanced cancellation rights;
- The changes to UK copyright law giving greater freedom to content creators and consumers to use and copy copyright works;
- Information on the launch of the new .london domain, which has proved hugely popular among business with a presence in the capital city;
- A court ruling which should make it easier for designers to protect their designs from copying by competitors;
- An update on the introduction of the new Common European Sales Law, which is a harmonised set of EU contract rules: and
- A discussion of the proposed changes to the threats regime in the UK which could change how IP owners enforce their rights from the moment of discovering a potential infringement.