On 1 September 2013, amendments to the Latvian Administration Violations Code will come into force; these will increase the liability of contracting authority officials for non-fulfilment of regulatory enactments of public procurement and public-private partnership and procurement documents, for example, in these situations:
- choice of improper procedure;
- violation of conflict of interests;
- non-fulfilment of candidate regulations or applicant exclusion or set requirements;
- non-fulfilment of regulations on entering into and amending contracts;
- failure to provide documents and information.
These cases of administrative violation will be reviewed by the Latvian Procurement Monitoring Bureau.