GR 82 no more! Now it is GR 71!: New Regulation on Electronic System and Transactions
After long discussion and the preparation of several drafts, the government has finally issued Government Regulation No. 71 of 2019 on the Implementation of Electronic Systems and Transactions ("GR 71"), which revokes Government Regulation No. 82 of 2012 on the same subject ("GR 82").
GR 71 was initially intended only as an amendment to GR 82; however, over time the work was escalated and eventually the end product is a new regulation that revokes and replaces GR 82 altogether.
GR 71 became effective on 10 October (though it was only circulated to the public on 21 October).
GR 71 includes more extensive provisions such as:
1. a new concept of Public and Private Electronic System Operators
2. new data localization requirements for Public Electronic System Operators
3. further elaboration on the deletion of electronic data
4. provisions on electronic certificates and electronic reliability certificates
5. a new scope of electronic certification services