Central Bank Director of Markets Supervision, Gareth Murphy, spoke at the 5th Annual Funds Congress on the topic of supervision. He noted that Central Bank supervisors deploy a range of tools which include:
- pre-planned on-site inspections and risk assessments;
- reactive supervisory investigations;
- analysis of regulatory returns;
- thematic reviews; and
- fitness and probity assessments.
Mr Murphy's talk focussed on four areas of current supervisory focus:
- IT and cyber risk;
- Disclosure of investment fund fees;
- Leverage; and
- Stress-testing of investment funds.