The Statutes Amendment Bill was passed amending various Acts:
- Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Financing of Terrorism Amendment Act 2012
- Children, Young Persons, and Their Families Amendment Act 2012
- Dog Control Amendment Act 2012
- Dumping and Countervailing Duties Amendment Act 2012
- Electricity Industry Amendment Act 2012
- Gas Amendment Act 2012
- Heavy Engineering Research Levy Amendment Act 2012
- Lawyers and Conveyancers Amendment Act (No 2) 2012
- Local Government (Auckland Council) Amendment Act 2012
- Local Government (Auckland Transitional Provisions) Amendment Act 2012
- Local Government Act 1974 Amendment Act 2012
- Local Government Act 2002 Amendment Act (No 2) 2012
- Real Estate Agents Amendment Act 2012
- Residential Tenancies Amendment Act 2012
- Veterinarians Amendment Act 2012
- Veterinarians Amendment Act 2012
Antarctica (Environmental Protection: Liability Annex) Amendment Act 2012
This Antarctica (Environmental Protection) Act 1994 sets out environmental principles for those planning or carrying out activities in Antarctica. This Act makes the necessary amendments to implement New Zealand's obligations under Annex VI to the Protocol on Environmental Protection to the Antarctic Treaty (Liability Annex), concerning liability for environmental emergencies occurring in Antarctica, such as requirements to notify and respond to emergencies and imposing civil liability for failure to respond.
Arms (Military Style Semi-automatic Firearms and Import Controls) Amendment Act 2012
This Act makes amendments to the Arms Act 1983. The key changes include amending the interpretation section to change the definition for military style semi-automatic firearms, inserting definitions for restricted airgun and semi-automatic firearm, and updating import controls by allowing seizure of illegally imported items.
Callaghan Innovation Act 2012
This Act establishes Callaghan Innovation as a Crown entity. The main objective of Callaghan Innovation is to support science and technology-based innovation and its commercialisation by businesses, primarily in the manufacturing and services sectors. The Act also establishes the functions and operating principles of the entity.
Cultural Property (Protection in Armed Conflict) Act 2012
This Act makes the necessary changes to enable New Zealand to accede to the First and Second Protocols to the 1954 Hague Convention on the Protection of Cultural Property in the Event of Armed Conflict.
Geneva Conventions (Third Protocol—Red Crystal Emblem) Amendment Act 2012
This Act makes changes to the Geneva Conventions Act 1958. In particular, it provides for the adoption the Red Crystal emblem for use alongside the Red Cross and the Red Crescent.
Legislation Act 2012
This Act aims to modernise and improve the law relating to drafting, publication and reprinting of legislation. It also seeks to make legislation more accessible, readable and easier to understand by providing for:
- easier removal of inconsistencies and overlaps;
- easier repeal of redundant provisions; and
- consistent expression, style and format of legislation.
The Act also enables certain subordinate legislation to incorporate material by reference. The Act replaces the Statutes Drafting and Compilation Act 1920.
New Zealand Geographic Board (Nga Pou Taunaha o Aotearoa) Amendment Act 2012
This Act amends the New Zealand Geographic Board (Nga Pou Taunaha o Aotearoa) Act by allowing for alternative official geographic names, as will be used in Wanganui / Whanganui and requiring notice to the Board if a name is discontinued.
Ngati Porou Claims Settlement Amendment Act 2012
This Act makes minor amendments to the Ngati Porou Claims Settlement Act 2012 which gives effect to the settlement of historical claims of Ngati Porou for breaches of the Treaty of Waitangi.
Subordinate Legislation (Confirmation and Validation) Act 2012
This Act prevents the lapse of certain subordinate legislation that would lapse at a stated time unless earlier confirmed by Act of Parliament, including orders under the Commodity Levies Act 1990 and the Customs and Excise Act 1996.
Te Roroa Claims Settlement Amendment Act 2012
This Act gives amends the Te Roroa Claims Settlement Act 2008 in relation to two strips of coastal land (north and south of Omamari).