As of January 7, 2013, US, Australian, and Canadian citizens traveling to Argentina must now pay the reciprocity fee online prior to entering Argentina, already provided for in Executive Order No.1654/2008. Prior to December 27, 2012, these foreign nationals could pay the reciprocity fee upon entry in Argentina at Jorge Newbery Airport (“Aeroparque”) and “Ministro Pistarini” (Ezeiza) International Airport. The Argentine National Migration Bureau ("DNM") has launched a new online credit card method of payment for the reciprocity fee through the Provincia Pagos payment system by accessing the following web sites: https://virtual.provinciapagos.com.ar/ArgentineTaxes/, www.provinciapagos.com.ar, and www.migraciones.gov.ar.
Terms and cost for the Reciprocity Fee
Payment of this fee allows the foreign national a 90-day period of stay which may be extended. The current fees are as follows:
- Australia: USD100 for multiple entries in 1 year;
- Canada: one (1) single entry USD75, multiple entries USD150 (valid until one month before the expiration date of the passport bearing the stamped fee); and
- USD160 valid for multiple entries during ten (10) years from the date of initial entry.
Process for online payment of the reciprocity fee:
- Register at www.provinciapagos.com.ar and obtain an entry code.
- Complete the form, including personal and credit card details. This information and the entry code will be sent electronically to the DNM.
- After payment is processed, print the receipt.
- Upon arrival in Argentina, go to the DNM Office and present the printed receipt.
- The receipt will be scanned by DNM staff and the data will be validated for entry to Argentina.
- The relevant voucher must be printed and filed with airport immigration authorities along with the documentation. The voucher will be valid from the date of the payment.